MVP Madre London leaves Centurions and player signings
MVP Madre London 2021 leaves Cologne Centurions
London was the clear ELF MVP in 2021, finishing the season with 303 rushing attempts for 2,177 yards (7.2 YPA) and 23 touchdowns in just 10 games. He averaged 217.7 yards per game and his longest rush of the season came on an 86-yard play. At the end of the season, London was named ELF All-Star, won the ELF MVP award, and was named to American Football International’s 2021 All-Europe First Team as the top running back in Europe.
Centurions general manager David Drane commented on the London departure, saying:
“We are happy but at the same time sad, Madre [London] was one of the stars of the European Football League last season and helped put the Centurions into the playoffs. He’s a great guy off the pitch, a humble hard working player and I wish him all the best as he takes another step towards his sporting goals. He will always be a Centurion and we wish him all the best.”
The remaining running backs on the Centurions roster are Dean Ranwani and Toby Nick, who could be set up for breakout seasons in 2022. Additionally, the franchise will bring in a currently unannounced American import player for help fill the hole left by London.
Players have signed/re-signed
- Berlin Thunder – DB – Robby Kendall
- Berlin Thunder – OL – Florian Gerlach
- Berlin Thunder – OL – Marcel Camenz
- Berlin Thunder – K – Jonas Schenderlein
- Berlin Thunder – DL – Tuna Hiller
- Swarco Raiders Tirol – OL – Michael Habetin
- Hamburg Sea Devils – WR – Tim Albrecht
- Hamburg Sea Devils – DB – Vincint Wilson-Oberko
- Hamburger Sea Devils – LB – Thiago Lessow
- Stuttgart Surge – LB – Precious Ogbevoen
- Stuttgart Surge – DL – Michael Kimpiabi
- Stuttgart Surge – RB – Chris Voumbo
- Stuttgart Surge – DB – Chaska Remy Perron
- Stuttgart Surge – OL – Nicko Schuster
- Stuttgart Surge – DL – Marcel Furst
- Leipzig Kings – DB – William James
- Leipzig Kings – WR – Leon Kusterer
- Barcelona Dragons – DB – Shawn Wilson
- Barcelona Dragons – P – Louis Cereceda
- Vienna Vikings – WR – Weston Carr
- Vienna Vikings – OL – Niklas Johansson
- Frankfurt Galaxy – OL – Francesco Runco
- Frankfurt Galaxy – LB – Daniel Josiah
- Frankfurt Galaxy – OL – Luca Hebel
- Frankfurt Galaxy – WR – Timo Benschuh
- Frankfurt Galaxy – RB – Kai Hunter
- Frankfurt Galaxy – DL – Sven Rieger
- Frankfurt Galaxy – WR – Max Siemssen
- Düsseldorf Rhein Fire – OL – Arnoud Holierhoek
- Dusseldorf Rhein Fire – DL – Tyrese Owusu-Bediako
- Düsseldorf Rhein fire – DB – Lasse Meyer
- Dusseldorf Rhein Fire – DL – Eric Adam
- Dusseldorf Rhein Fire – WR – Achim Bah
- Cologne Centurions – WR – Jannik Lörcks
- Cologne Centurions – OL – Marious Faust
- Wroclaw Panthers – WR – Tomasz Dziedzic
- Wroclaw Panthers – K – Piotr Golacki
- Wroclaw Panthers – RB – Adam Skakowski
The Vienna Vikings have signed former Division I wide receiver Weston Carr for the 2022 season.
Carr had officially announced that he would be returning to the Kiel Baltic Hurricanes for the 2022 season, but couldn’t turn down the opportunity to play for the Vikings.
“The European Football League has done a great job of marketing and will be the premier American football league in Europe. I am expecting great things this season. I think the group of guys we have this year is a special group at the alongside a determined coaching staff. My goal for this season is to be the best receiver in the European Football League”.
Last season, Carr recorded 1,318 receiving yards and 15 touchdowns with the Hurricanes.
The Berlin Thunder have signed defensive back Robby Kendall for the 2022 season.
The versatile defensive weapons and return specialist recently expressed his excitement about joining the Thunder, saying:
“I am delighted to join the Berlin Thunder, as well as to join the most professional American football league in all of Europe, I know that the owners, the management, the coaching staff and everyone else involved have a lot worked this off-season to build a league organization. I can’t wait to get to Berlin and start working with my coaches and team-mates.”
Although this is Kendall’s first season in the European Football League, he has already gained some experience playing in Europe for the Paderborn Dolphins, Elmshorn Fighting Pirates and Düsseldorf Panther.