Istanbul Basaksehir vs RFS Predictions and Betting Tips
Istanbul Basaksehir will host RFS at the UEFA Europa Conference League Basakehir Fatih Terim Stadium on Thursday (October 13th) knowing a win will take them closer to the knockout stages.
The Gray Owls top Group A with seven points, three ahead of second-placed Fiorentina. If both teams win this week, they will advance to the Round of 16.
Emre Belozoglu’s side will need to improve their form, however, after failing to win their last two games. That includes a goalless draw with RFS in Riga last Thursday despite being the dominant team.
Basaksehir fired more shots (17-6) and had more possession (79%-21%). Their Latvian rivals were also reduced to ten in the 70th minute after Tomas Simkovic was sent off.
However, the visitors were unable to capitalize on their possessed dominance and numerical advantage. They had to settle for a share of the spoils, having started their campaign with back-to-back wins.
Meanwhile, the result was a huge boost for RFS, which is making its Conference League debut. The Baltic side held Fiorentina to a 1-1 draw at Florence in their first campaign game before going 2-0 at Hearts in a disappointing result.
After picking up a point in their last game, however, their confidence has been restored and they will be looking to compete for an unlikely place in the last 16.
Istanbul Basaksehir vs RFS H2H and key numbers
- This will only be the second meeting between the teams but the first in Istanbul
- Both teams are winless in their last two games.
- Istanbul have failed to score in their last two games in all competitions.
- Basaksehir’s 2-0 loss to Sivasspor at the weekend was their first home defeat of the season and the second time they failed to score from their backyard.
- RFS are the first Latvian team to play in the Conference League, while Basaksehir and Sivasspor are the first Turkish teams to qualify for the tournament proper.
Istanbul Basaksehir vs RFS Prediction
RFS held Basaksehir against all odds on Matchday 3 and could be preparing for another draw.
However, the Gray Owls have been strong at home this season, with the weekend loss to Sivasspor an outlier. It could be close again, but expect the hosts to narrowly prevail.
Prediction: Istanbul Basaksehir 2-1 RFS
Istanbul Basaksehir vs RFS Betting Tips
Tip 1 – Result: Istanbul Basaksehir
Tip 2 – Goals above/below 2.5: More than 2.5
Tip 3 – Both teams to score: Yes