Football: Leicester held by Southampton at 10
Ultimately, Leicester needed a 68th-minute header from Jonny Evans to recover a point after a Southampton side took a surprise lead via a James Ward-Prowse penalty.
* England and Northern Ireland have been drawn into the same 2023 Women’s World Cup qualifying group, with reigning European champions Netherlands to face Iceland. The draw for the European qualifiers took place on Friday in Nyon, Switzerland.
* Ajax Amsterdam have extended manager Erik ten Hag’s contract until June 2023, the club confirmed on Friday April 30, after UK media reported he was on Tottenham Hotspur’s shortlist of substitutes potentials of Jose Mourinho.
* Seeded Alexander Zverev crashed out of the ATP clay court tournament in Munich after a shock loss to qualifier Ilya Ivashka in the quarterfinals on Friday April 30. Despite winning the first set on a tiebreaker, Zverev, the 2017 and 2018 Munich champion, retired 7-6 (7/5), 5-7, 3-6 after Ivashka , from Belarus, converted his first match point.
* Cameron Norrie (UK) rallied to overthrow No.2 seed Cristian Garin of Chile in straight sets on Friday to advance to the semi-finals of the Estoril Millennium Open in Portugal. Norrie completed the return 3-6, 7-5, 6-3 in two hours and 28 minutes, earning his fifth victory this season over a Top 30-ranked opponent.
* Tournament debutants Istiqlol on Friday April 30 became the first Tajikistan club to qualify for the Asian Champions League in the last 16 despite a 2-1 loss to the AGMK of Uzbekistan. Dushanbe-based Istiqlol finished with 10 points in six appearances at the top of Group A on a better head-to-head record with Saudi giant Al Hilal, who also placed in the top three teams in second after a 2-0. defeat by Shabab Al Ahli of the United Arab Emirates.
* Valtteri Bottas put Mercedes in the lead in the opening practice of the Portuguese Grand Prix on Friday with the Red Bulls of Max Verstappen and Sergio Perez just behind. The Finn bounced back from a big collision at Imola on April 18 to set a fastest lap of one minute 19.648 seconds on soft tires with his rebuilt car.
* Paris St Germain forward Kylian Mbappe will not play in Saturday’s Ligue 1 game against Lens due to a calf injury, the French club said on Friday April 30, raising doubts about his availability for their running back -Champions League final against Manchester City. PSG follow City 2-1 after the first leg in Paris and Mauricio Pochettino’s side will travel to Manchester for Tuesday’s second leg.
* World champion Lewis Hamilton set the fastest time in the second practice session of the Portuguese Grand Prix on Friday, April 30, before leaving the social media grid to protest online abuse. The British driver managed 1min 19.837sec in the Mercedes to beat Red Bull’s Max Verstappen on 1min 19.980sec with Valtteri Bottas, in the second Mercedes, third in 1min 20.181sec.